Thursday, April 2, 2009

Interweb reviews: Stumble

Hello, my name is Sidewalkgoddess, and I am an obsessive googler.

I am the google Queen, and despite the fact that some of my friends think that this is a negative thing, I disagree. I have such a reputation that no one ever asked my why I did not get the iphone when I went to get a smart phone (I have a gphone, of course.) However, my googling prowess can still fail me, if my creativity fails me.

You see, it is possible to get into a googling rut. Same comedy sites, film blogs, nursery school searches and image searches of terrible skin diseases and/or parasites... (what, you look at stuff like that too, right? Right?)

Wikipedia and YouTube have helped a little when it comes to opening you up to strange things, but there is still a thread to what you were looking at originally (usually...)

Wikipedia
Comic from XKCD.com, an awesomtastic web comic. Check it out.

So in comes stumble, a flashy little site I have been purposefully ignoring for a while now. Well ignore no longer! I go and I sign up, and I start stumbling. One thing I can suggest to you, however, is to restart your browser right away. I downloaded the toolbar, and was too lazy to restart. I started stumbling and was having a great time, but there were certain sites I kept getting over and over again. Then whenever I tried to stumble just in the crafts section… I would get only one feckin page over and over again.

Photobucket
I hate you

I finally did restart my browser, and did see the wonder and glory of their tool bar.

Photobucket

Everything you ever needed to know about me...

So, all in all, pretty awesome. If you want to check me out, you can find me at http://sidewalkgoddess.stumbleupon.com/

Until next time, which will hopefully be soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment